Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 7: Food

We have made it to the last day. I am relieved.

For breakfast, James and Clare started out with some cereal and then also added on some warmed up pancakes from yesterday, which Nora and I were eating as well. Josh had some yogurt, a pancake, and a banana.

At church the kids had a doughnut each and some chocolate milk. The church provides doughnuts every Sunday. It bugs me personally that they do and that my children eat one each week. But I'm not about to make my kids be the one group of kids who do not get to eat them, and I'm also not about to attempt to take down the church's tradition. Unless of course a bunch of other people joined me?!

I came home and had a banana.  I'm sure Josh had something too, but I don't know what that was.  Probably an apple since he already had a banana.

For lunch, the children made themselves this odd mix of foods they called "trail mix".  It had cereal, cheese chunks, and peanuts.  They thought it was so fun.  They also had grapes and apples.  I had the last bit of hoppin' john with Sriracha, a thick slice of cheese, and a thick slice of bread.  Josh had bread, cheese, and olives.

Josh headed back up to MI about 1pm and back to the land of eating whatever you want.

For snack, the kids had more apples and more bananas.  I had the last of the cottage cheese and celery.  I made some yeast rolls to go with tomorrow night's dinner.  There was a bit of dough leftover that wouldn't fit on the cookie sheet.  I divided it up into 3 parts and cooked it in the toaster oven.  So they also had miniature rolls for snack.

For dinner, we actually headed back to church for pizza served following an advent wreath making event.  Since we were missing the last meal of our challenge, I prepared what we would have eaten to show you what we had left for our final meal should we had eaten at home.  It's a chickpea, red lentil, and squash stew, and there are those yeast rolls to go with them.  We'll eat it tomorrow night instead.











And here is what we have left for this week (and items I would presumably not have to buy next week):


  • one egg
  • 5 clementines
  • 1/2 of a 1/2 gallon of milk
  • 1/2 jar of peanut buter
  • 3 - 4 cups of dried oats
  • 1/2 package of dried milk
  • 1/2 bag of popcorn
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/2 jar of honey
  • 3 granola bars
  • 3 - 4 tortillas
  • 1/2 bag of white flour
  • 1/2 bag of wheat flour
  • 2 cups of black eyed peas

No comments:

Post a Comment